[Samba] winbind, getent and wbinfo

Bub Slug bub1slug at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 19 03:12:00 GMT 2002

>Bub Slug wrote:
>
>>Guess I'll ask again . . .
>>
>>[Samba] Winbind and groups Bub Slug bub1slug at hotmail.com
>>Sun Oct 13 02:35:01 2002

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm trying to get a samba server which is all by itself, No Windows DCs,
>>or
>>even windows shares at all, to play nice with Linux clients.
>>
>>The server is authenticating Win9x, NT and 2000 clients fine and dandy,
>>and
>>now I have need to add linux clients to the scenario, and have dicovered
>>an
>>issue I can't seem to work through.  Perhaps someone can help?
>
>>         edited /etc/nsswitch.conf to change the lines:
>>                 passwd: files winbind
>>                 shadow: files
>>                 group:  files windbind
>                                   ^
>
>Try making that winbind :-)
>
>Andrew Bartlett
>
>--
>Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
>Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
>Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net
>http://samba.org     http://build.samba.org     http://hawkerc.net

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the reply, unfortunately, this was a typo in the description, not
in the actual configuration file, so I'm afraid I still have the same issue
. . .

It is actually:

	passwd: files winbind
	shadow: files
	group:	 files winbind

Any other ideas? (I wish it was something this dumb, I've been working on
this for a couple of weeks . . .)

TIA,

Bub

This tagline is umop ap!5dn