[Samba] something wrong with the list (or its members)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Oct 18 22:01:00 GMT 2002

"Wieprecht, Karen M." wrote:

> Actually,  I think a lot of questions just plain go unanswered.   I have
> asked quite a few,  and I only get a response on about 2 out of 10 ... I
> hope that those of you who do reply will  include the list unless it's a
> topic you think should be taken offline.

That sounds about right.  There are only a few people with the time to
play 'wack a mole' with the contuing stream of questions.

I think one of the problems is that we don't have a decent FAQ system -
so there are a *lot* of duplicate questions on the list.  (That said,
I'm not sure how many people would read an FAQ in any case...)

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net