[Samba] something wrong with the list (or its members)

l. a. walsh lwlsh at tlinx.org
Fri Oct 18 16:41:03 GMT 2002

It is something setup in 'majordomo' -- if a list owner wants replies
to go to the list, by default, they can specify the reply-to address
under list configuration.

Standard practice is to not set the reply-to field on announce type
lists
and to set the reply-to field to point to the list on discussion list.
The
idea being that on a discussion list, you don't usually want replies to
devolve into a bunch of individual conversations when a reply is also
likely
to benefit other people on the discussion list.

Seems this list should be set to reply to list, by default -- since if I
have a problem, I might first be likely to look through the archives,
but
if replies to problems were sent off-list, they won't be available -- so
you lose the collective solutions provided by list members (who then
have
to provide the same answers over and over again).

-linda