[Samba] Slow transfer file between Windows and Samba PDC (2.2 .3a)

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Fri Oct 18 15:28:53 GMT 2002

Guillaume

Found this in the Network Admin Guide -
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linag2/book/ch05.html#X-087-2-IFACE.IFCONFIG

"Receiver overruns usually occur when packets come in faster than the kernel
can service the last interrupt."

I think you definitely have a problem with your NIC on the Samba machine.  I
would swap it out and/or change the cable and see if that cures things.  By
the sound of that explanation above it could also be something like a PCI
driver problem or a negotiation mismatch?

HTH

Noel