[Samba] winbind question

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Thu Oct 17 17:54:00 GMT 2002

2.2.6 installed from rpm's on rh 7.2 system.

every time a cron job runs I get this in my log.winbindd
[2002/10/17 13:45:00, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgroups(815)
  user 'root' does not exist

the three important lines in my /etc/nsswitch.conf is:
passwd:     files winbind nisplus
shadow:     files nisplus
group:      files winbind nisplus

I thought with the "files" first it hits /etc/passwd and shadow and
doesn't mess with winbind unless it can't find the entries there.
Any idea what I'm missing?  What info would be more useful?  smbd and
nmbd are currently not running, just winbindd.

Thanks,
Daniel