Fw: [Samba] Samba as a NT PDC

Adam Lang aalang at rutgersinsurance.com
Thu Oct 17 17:19:00 GMT 2002

 Ok.  To let you know, my source was Samba Unleashed (copyright 2000).  Page
 343 and 344 is what told me that I needed to add itself to the entries and
 to its own domain it is running.

 I'll remove the entries and see how things work.  Thanks for the help.
 Apparently it is because the book I am using is wrong.

 Adam Lang
 Systems Engineer
 Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
 http://www.rutgersinsurance.com

PDC.
> > > So yes, I DO know what the -j option is for.
> >
> > Well, I don't think you DO know what that -J is for...
> >
> > Look, if the Samba machine is the PDC for your domain, you DON'T USE
> the -J
> > option; that is only if the Samba machine is going to be a MEMBER SERVER
> > into an existing WINDOWS-RUN domain (a domain with a 'real' Windows
PDC).