[Samba] information about XP <-> samba ?

Dr. Bernd Zimmermann berni at ping-net.de
Thu Oct 17 11:14:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

my experience so far: dont do it - dont use XP - use Win2K

WinNT Win2K all is woorking fine, but XP ist might work and it might not.
We habe a single XP computer in out environment and ist makes a lot of trouble.

At first after applying all registry pathces to XP it worked,
but suddenly after a non reproducable accident XP is ignoring
the Samba Server.
My personal experience with XP was the same.
After installation it worked, but after an hour "playing"
with XP and also an nonreproducable accident XP was ignoring
Samba.

We still cant figure out what the problem is.

So if u use XP and Samba and if it works over a long time
(i.e. 4 weeks ore more) please write a FAQ ;-)

MY recommendation: dont use XP - Use Win2K

Regards,
Bernd