[Samba] Multiple Domains?

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Oct 17 00:01:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 19:47, Steve Morley wrote:
> > Downloading the latest now.
>
> Okay, now for the scary part.  This machine is live, and in use all day every
> day.  Anything I should know about upgrading from 2.0.7 to 2.2.5?
>
> I always like having a backup plan in place before something major like this.
>
> Does SAMBA rely on anything outside it's own directory?  I want to make a
> couple of tarballs so I can "go back" if needed.

yes
It relies on the stuff in /var so don't forget to back that up too.

(the exact location of the stuff it needs in /var depends on how you
compiled samba)

Probably you should test on a non-production machine first if you can't
tolerate much downtime.

You're not likely to get it all working perfectly quickly enough that
your users don't notice that things are unavailable.

brad