[Samba] Printer settings on 2.2.5

Nicolas Kowalski Nicolas.Kowalski at imag.fr
Wed Oct 16 13:29:00 GMT 2002

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> writes:

>> The problem has gone away...Users can use simplex/duplex printing from
>> any application without problems.
>>
>> Mmmhh. Just one thing : when I upgraded to 2.2.6rc3, I did not remove
>> the /usr/local/samba/var/locks/* files. I just restarted the smbd and
>> nmbd daemons. Perhaps this is the trick ?
>
> Yes.  Could be.  Please retest...

I installed 2.2.6rc4 this morning, took the basic config files
(smb.conf, smbpasswd, ...) from my previous 2.2.5 installation,
without copying the locks/* files and printer drivers files.

I followed the instructions from the howto, and this time, everything
runs smoothly :-).

I must have done something bad during the last upgrade, but I do not
know what :-(.

--
Nicolas