[Samba] Samba. DR-DOS and Terabytes...

David Sweeney dave at emtex.com
Wed Oct 16 12:45:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

We have just built a server with a terabyte of storage for a  powerquest
deploycenter
file server, the deploycenter boot disks start Caldera DR-DOS 7.02 for
the actual
deploycenter software to run under. We run Linux 7.3 with the samba that
ships with
that version (sorry, I can't remember off hand and don't have access to
a linux box
right now)

The problem I have is that the deploycenter software claims that there
is not enough
free disk space when I try to back up a disk image to it, using exactly
the same hardware
and configuration under windoze 2000 server, deploycenter reports that
there is only
2048MB free but runs happily even if the backup is 25(+)GB I know that
this is probably
to do with DOS and 2GB file limits or something but why would it work
under windoze
but not under Samba?

Is there something I can configure in Samba to allow DR-DOS/deploycenter
to write to
it?

Any help/suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
"Understand the fundamental concept that opinions are like belly buttons:
we all have one but they don't hold much water..."