[Samba] integrated mail+ftp+samba+proxy auth mysql

anton heryanto anton at student.unri.ac.id
Wed Oct 16 11:12:01 GMT 2002

Hello all
thanks for the open source project!!!!
I'm campus network administrator and I try to implement single-sign on
with auth backend using mysql database!!!
I have searched server that we need that using mysql as auth module for
*nix and windows desktop and found :
mail server --> qmail + vpopmail+mysql
ftp server --> pureftp + mysql
proxy server --> squid+mysql
domain logon \
file server > samba +mysql --> only work for 2.0.x , 2.2.x still on
progress (by Jelmer Vernooij)
print server /
web server --> apache+mod_auth_mysql
---------------------
but I have a difficulty, because each server use their own mysql
database, table and password encryption, I want to that all server use
same database and table and if could be use same password encryption
method .

Think that I want to ask, when samba auth mysql 2.2.x finish and why
this project no include in samba head ….
And I want to know encryption methode that samba use place in what code
in samba source code
because i want to try to implement to other server ….

Sorry, for my bad English
thanks for all of you attention and help

Regards

Anton