[Samba] Don't know how to config after compiled the source code ?

Kevin Chan kevinchan at trasy.com
Wed Oct 16 09:04:01 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I was copy linux power's smb.conf to /usr/local/samba/lib and change few
setting on smb.conf.  After that I start the samba by following command:

# /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D
# /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D

NOW, I can see the samba server from the Windows XP workgroup but when I try
to access the Samba it show the below error message on my Windows XP Pro:

( \\sunu5 is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use this
network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
you have access permissions.

The account is not authorized to log in from this station. )

Can anyone tell me what's wrong on my smb.conf file (attached eith this
mail) ?

Also, what I need to do to solve my problem ?

(p.s. Windows XP Pro User account and Samba user are same : Kevin)

Thanks and regards,
Kevin Chan