[Samba] strange behavior on file copy from Novel

Ben Calvert ben.calvert at ams.com
Tue Oct 15 22:37:01 GMT 2002

I am experienceing very strange behavior when copying files from Novel
shares to samba shares.  This behavior is evident when using windows
explorer to copy files from a Novel network share to my samba shares, not
a. copying a file from my local partitions to the samba share
b. copying a file from a remote windows share.

Is anyone aware of strange Novel settings that would prevent copying files
to another share?  I can copy the files from Novel to my local partitions
with no difficulties, but these files cannot then be coppied to the samba
shares.

Thanks,

Ben