[Samba] swat

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Tue Oct 15 20:24:01 GMT 2002

Just to get you running:  You could circumvent the problem if it is just a
home network, and disable Swat authentication by adding the -a parameter to
you your swat file in /etc/xinetd.d:

"-a  This option disables authentication and puts swat in demo mode. In that
mode anyone will be able to modify the smb.conf file."

service swat
{
        disable = no
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/local/samba/bin/swat
	  server_args     = -a
        log_on_failure  += USERID
}