[Samba] please help

Lochray, Ian ian.lochray at ssi-world.com
Tue Oct 15 13:11:02 GMT 2002

I am using Samba to share directories on my HP-UX 11.00 server onto Windows
PCs.  Everything is working OK apart from one user who is running Windows 95
(everyone else has NT or 2000).  This user can successfully map a directory
on his PC and can look at the top level of the directory in Windows
explorer.  However, if he tries to expand a sub-directory it fails with the
error "The folder folder-name does not exist".  He gets a similar problem if
he tries to open a file in the top level directory or tries to cd to a
directory from a command prompt.

What am I doing wrong?

Ian Lochray
Telephone +44 (0) 1256 685288

Disclaimer:

Internet communications are not secure and therefore SSI does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Statements of fact are not binding unless confirmed by letter signed by an authorised signatory of SSI.  Any views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of SSI unless explicitly stated