[Samba] Samba Error Message

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 14 18:53:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 11:21:37AM -0700, Richard Amadori wrote:
> Failed to open byte range locking database
> ERROR: Failed to initialize locking database
> Can't initialize locking module - exiting

I think I remember getting this before, it went away as soon as I used
one of the shares on the machine. I think the problem was that it tried
to open the lock DB file, and when it didn't exist smbstatus just gave
an error instead of assuming that there weren't any locks. Using the
share created the file, and once it existed smbstatus never complained
again.

--
Michael Heironimus