[Samba] Directory size display discrepency

Stephen Kitchener steve.kitchener at aspentech.com
Mon Oct 14 10:56:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I would liek to ask the list if any one can explain why there should be
a discrepency in the directory sizes that are displayed when I use
explorer on Windows. This has been reported to me by a user, I have
never seen this before as I dont use windows if I can help it :-)...

When I slect properties of a directory it has two enties
Size and Size on disk
As an example size says 33 bytes, size on disk says 512kb and if I du a
du -ks on the directory it reports 4 k.

Has anyone noticed this before ?, do I need to set up samba a different
way?

I should say that the machine that samba is on is a DEC/Compaq machine
running 2.0.10 but is also seen on a 2.2.3a samba installed machine.

Thanks

--
Stephen M Kitchener
Unix Systems Administrator EMEA APAC

AspenTech UK
1 Century Court,
Tolpits Lane,
Watford, Herts,
WD18 9PT

TEL       +44 (0) 1923 652125
FAX       +44 (0) 1923 652215
EMAIL   steve.kitchener at aspentech.com
WEB     http://www.aspentech.com

Aspenworld 2002
the premier global conference for process industry leaders
October 27 - November 1, 2002
Register at http://www.aspenworld2002.com

Contact

For assistance, please contact Kristine Martin
mailto:kristine.martin at aspentech.com