[Samba] Files are showing up as hidden when view from windows ...

Schoep, Grant at STORM GSchoep at storm.l-3com.com
Sat Oct 12 18:23:00 GMT 2002

>All but the first of these defaults to off. Now this makes me wonder why
map
>hidden seems to have been in effect for you. Was it set to yes/true in the
>global section?

Yes, it was in the global area. I pulled it out.  The person who set up
Samba on our network years ago probably put it in there while trying to get
it to work. He even commented the setting sith something that didn't make
sense at all...  something like "make the service hidden".

Probably just a case of assuming a flag did somethign else...
-grant