[Samba] Samba & Connection Sharing

Clyde McKelvey cmckelvey at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 11 20:34:00 GMT 2002

I have Mandrake 9.0 on a server that has 2 network cards. After I
installed Mandrake on the Server, I configured Samba to work. And it
worked perfect. I configured a DSL connection, and used the Connection
share configuration tool in the Mandrake Control Center to share the
internet with the network. After I configured the internet share, Samba
stopped working.  I can ping the Samba server using a Windows 2000
machine by either the IP address or the Samba server name. But I can not
browse or search the network to find it. Samba is configured to be the
master browser. And I have samba configured to use the internal net
card. But like I said, Samba worked perfect before the connection share
was configured. Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem is? TIA