[Samba] mount_smbfs can't get server address

linux power linuxpower2002 at yahoo.no
Fri Oct 11 07:29:01 GMT 2002

Yes I can give u 2 ideas. First try
adding uid=(your user id) and gid=(your group id)
at the end of your mount line.
Second and this I've just tried on my maschine:
mount -t smbfs -o rw "\\\\userserver\\share"
'/path/to/mountpoint'
Remark the ticks.
Make sure the shares excists and have the right
permissions.You are then prompted for the windoze
passwd and u give that.

--- ben <benp07 at earthlink.net> skrev: > i am running
freebsd 4.6.2

=====