[Samba] simple setup for 2 pcs

Rob Benton rob.benton at conwaycorp.net
Fri Oct 11 03:38:00 GMT 2002

I'm having lots of trouble getting connected to samba on my little 2
computer network at home.  One is a RedHat machine and the other is
Windows 2000.  Trying to access my just the IP of the RedHat machine
from my Windows machines gives me the "Cannot find the file or item
'\\192.168.20.2'" error.

I've got 2 NICs in my RedHat machine so I did use the "interface = " tag
in my smb.conf file.  I think it's workgroup related but I'm not sure.
 Anyone have any prior experience with this?

Thanks,
Rob