[Samba] winbind /etc/pam.d/system-auth

Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com
Fri Oct 11 01:46:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have setup /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below. But when I login to the Linux
Box from KDE3, I get a prompt saying I don't have write access to the HOME.
Then got kicked out. In NT Domain, when I double click on the Samba machine,
I get network path not found. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Regards,
Norman

#%PAM-1.0
auth required   /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth required   /lib/security/pam_deny.so

account sufficient /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
account required   /lib/security/pam_unix.so
password required  /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 minlen=2 dcredit=0
ucredit=0

password sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok md5 shadow
password required   /lib/security/pam_deny.so

session required /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0022
session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session required /lib/security/pam_unix.so