[Samba] Winbindd and ACL Support

Thomas Schmidt ts at grove.de
Thu Oct 10 15:46:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have a problem with Samba 2.2.6 and ACL support for winbindd users. Winbind is configured for the doamin. "wbifno -u" lists all domain users and "wbinfo -g" lists all domain groups.

With "getent passwd" can I see the users added to the end of the passwd.
BUT I don´t have acl support for those users on the shares. I see only the system users and grpups (e.g. root, uucp...) but no "winbind users".
nt acl support is enabled in the smb.conf file. The acl support works with all users, who are directly in the passwd.

Please help, I don´t know why and I could not find any documentation or HowTo with this problem... :(

Gruß
Thomas Schmidt

Systemadministration / Netzwerke
  |N |O |C |
  |          GROVE
  Network Operation Center

http://www.grove.de Tel. +49 2773-8167-0
                    Fax  +49 2773-8167-20

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.