[Samba] samba 2.2.6pre2 make fails

Galecki, Jason Jason_Galecki at csx.com
Thu Oct 10 13:47:00 GMT 2002

When I compile Samba, this is on SuSE 7.2, I keep getting a make failure,
but it still completes to a prompt.  Should I ignore or does anyone have a
"fix"?

When I configure, I use these options:

 ./configure --enable-cups --with-smbwrapper --with-automount
--with-smbmount --with-pam --with-pam_smbpass --with-winbind
--with-winbind-auth-challenge

When I run make, this is the error, it's the very last line:

Compiling passdb/pampass.c
passdb/pampass.c:42: security/pam_appl.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [passdb/pampass.o] Error 1

When this is all done, it doesn't create a pampass.o file, so I'm guessing I
will definitely need this to pass the make command.

Jason