[Samba] winbind+samba3.0 pdc on the same machine

Hesham S. Ahmed zlinux2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 05:20:01 GMT 2002

Its working now for me (atleast per my requirements)
the problem was nsswitch.conf, the moment winbind is
added to the passwd and group lines, the problem
starts appearing. In my case I only wanted to
authenticate users using squid's ntlm authentication,
that is now working, I still have to create dual
accounts though, linux and samba.

--- Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> "Hesham S. Ahmed" wrote:
> >
> > Joining the PDC to the domain is successfull. And
> > seems to work fine. Its just winbind that fails.
> Below
> > is my smb.conf and parts of log.winbindd. When I
> do
> > "wbinfo -t" I recieve the following error
> >
> > [root at hsalin var]# wbinfo -t
> > checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
> > error code was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL (0xc0000001)
> > Could not check secret
> >
> > The log.winbindd below is associated with the
> above
> > message.
> >
> > ---- smb.conf ----
> >
> > [global]
> >         workgroup = ZSQUID
> >         netbios name = hsalin
> >         server string = Samba 3.0alpha20
> >         security = user
> >
> >         encrypt passwords = Yes
> >
> >         passdb backend = smbpasswd
> >         use spnego = No
> >
> >         domain logons = Yes
> >         os level = 64
> >         lm announce = Auto
> >         lm interval = 60
> >         preferred master = Auto
> >         local master = Yes
> >         domain master = Auto
> >         browse list = Yes
> >         enhanced browsing = Yes
> >         wins support = Yes
> >
> >         admin users = root
> >
> >         winbind uid = 10000-20000
> >         winbind gid = 10000-20000
> >         template homedir = /home/%D/%U
> >         template shell = /bin/false
> >         winbind cache time = 15
> >         winbind use default domain = Yes
> >
> > ; necessary share for domain controller
> > [netlogon]
> >         path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
> >         read only = yes
> >         write list = ntadmin
> >

> > ---- log.winbindd ----
> > [2002/10/08 09:24:11, 3]
> > nsswitch/winbindd_misc.c:winbindd_info(203)
> >   [11569]: request misc info
> > [2002/10/08 09:24:18, 3]

nsswitch/winbindd_misc.c:winbindd_check_machine_acct(52)

http://hawkerc.net