[Samba] Please assist with Winbind issues!

SRuth at LANDAM.com SRuth at LANDAM.com
Wed Oct 9 17:38:00 GMT 2002

John,

Thanks for spotting the typo.  I fixed that, but the behavior is the same as before...

Thank you.

Sven

-----Original Message-----
From: John H. Reinhardt [mailto:johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 7:25 AM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Cc: SRuth at LANDAM.com
Subject: Re: [Samba] Please assist with Winbind issues!

Sven,

    Being somewhat of a newbie, I cannot comment on everything that you've
included here with authority, but I did notice a typographic error in the
pam_winbind.so line for PAM account checking in your
"/etc/pam.d/system-auth" file.  It's pointed out below.  Seems like that
could be the problem since you can authenticate, but just not with the
correct account.

    John Reinhardt

>Message: 14
>From: SRuth at LANDAM.com
>To: samba at lists.samba.org
>Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 17:29:23 -0400
>Subject: [Samba] Please assist with Winbind issues!

<<snip>>

>Here is my /etc/pam.d/system-auth
>
>auth        required      /lib/security/pam_env.so
>auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
>auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
>use_first_pa
>ss
>auth        required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so
>
>account     sufficient    /lib/secutiry/pam_winbind.so

                                     ^^^ <== Typo here...