[Samba] ftp upload to a smbmounted folder

Clark Rawlins crawlins at openglobe.net
Wed Oct 9 14:57:01 GMT 2002

Read the manpage for smbmount.
You want the uid and gid options.

Clark

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Andersson [mailto:di1anjo at chl.chalmers.se]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 9:52 AM
To: samba at samba.org
Subject: [Samba] ftp upload to a smbmounted folder

Hello, i have a problem regarding upload/creating/deleting via ftp on
smbmounted folder.. I have smbmounted a windows
XP folder to my ftp. I use glftpd. i have tried lots of things.. -o rw dont
work.. It works fine to connect to the ftp and
DOWNLOAD from the mounted directory, but not to  upload/delete. In the shell
it works while beeing "root" to
create/delete but not any other users..  What should i to make this work? i
have tried smbmount 2.0.8 and now i'm using
2.999+3.0.alpha20-2 for Debian.

Many thanks
Johan