[Samba] new box can't join domain since switch to ldapsam

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 9 13:50:01 GMT 2002

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since changing to "passdb backend = ldapsam" on my debian unstable PDC
> things work well, however a new winxp machine can't join the domain.
>
> Here is the /var/log/samba/log.smbd output. It seems the sticking point
> is about a missing user RID? (the new machine is sylla).

Use either ldapsam_nua as the passdb backend, or use an add machine
script to add a 'unix' account for the machine.  getpwnam(machinename$)
must function by the time the add to the domain is attempted, or if you
use the _nua hack, it will try to do without - see the doco on this one.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net