[Samba] compile

Elliot elliot.williams at mutualinterest.com.sg
Wed Oct 9 11:35:00 GMT 2002

Hi There.

I downloaded the samba vscan 025e. I seem to have trouble installing the
fprot addon. I dunno how to carry on from after copying the fprot
directory to my /samba-2.2.5/examples/VFS directory. The part where is
says

Make :-)    is where I am confused. How do I make the vscan-fprotd.so

I actually have a working samba PDC. The openantivirus website mentioned
that I should compile my samba with VFS support. So  I did a ./configure
--enable vfs

Is that all it is required? .. I checked the samba manual and it does
not mention anything about this. Please help.

Btw, I am using mandrake 9.0

cheers`

Elliot Williams
IT Executive

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old;  Seek what
they sought. - Basho