[Samba] protocol error with OpenLDAP, v3

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Wed Oct 9 10:15:01 GMT 2002

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 05:18:04PM +0200, Malte Müller wrote:
> I sort of succesfully installed samba2.2.5 with OpenLDAP 2.0.26 as a PDC on one
> machine.
> Alas the performance is very poor. Authentication process takes 10
> Seconds pser, noticable one or two seconds per "net use d:" in the
> logon script.  The process which consumes all CPU cycles is slap. I
> tried to tune with some h
> help of openLDAP mailinglist members (indices, nscd), but i didn't solve the
> problem.

The first time a have a performance problem with slapd, a don't think
about syslog. Syslog slow down slapd, if you 'forgot' the "-" just
before /dev/tty??. With  "-" in front of the outputfile, the syslog writes a
asynchron.

If not try to increase the debug level of slapd:

loglevel        296     # 8+32+256:
#                       #         connection management
#                       #         search filter processing
#                       #         stats logconnections/operations/results

Take a look at "man slapd.conf" for the values.

Frank.
--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de