[Samba] System error 5 has occurred

Rudhi.Kurniadi at santos.com Rudhi.Kurniadi at santos.com
Wed Oct 9 06:17:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have configured samba 2.2.2 server on my Solaris 8 box.
The client is various, 95/98/2000/XP.

When I execute the following command from DOS command :

net view \\server

I receive the error :

System error 5 has occurred.
Access is denied.

Could you point me how to fix this problem ?

FYI, I have already done the steps required to diagnose the problem as
documented in DIAGNOSIS.txt came along samba installation.
All is fine except the above command.

Appreciate help.

Regards,
Rudhi Kurniadi
Santos IT Coordinator

Santos Ltd A.B.N. 80 007 550 923
Disclaimer: The information contained
in this email is intended only for the use of the
person(s) to whom it is
addressed and may be confidential or contain
privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any
perusal, use, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please immediately
advise us by
return email and delete the email without making a copy.