[Samba] changing passwords / winbind

Robert Dempsey rdempsey at atlanticdominionsolutions.com
Tue Oct 8 21:47:22 GMT 2002

Shane,

	Winbind is used so that Linux servers and workstations can use Win2K
(or WinNT I suppose - though I work with 2000) can use a Win2K domain
controller as the authentication server.  This allows seamless
integration of Linux into a Win2K domain.

	As to your problem, I am unaware of the ability to change a password on
a Win2K workstation (Professional I would assume) by pressing
CTRL+ALT+DEL.  Could you please give more information such as

1.  Are you in a Win2K domain.
2.  Are you using Win2K Pro on your workstation.
3.  What version of Samba/Winbind you are using.
4.  Are you using a Linux workstation.

	Please forward that information and I will try to help you out as best
as I can.

- Robert Dempsey
  Atlantic Dominion Solutions