[Samba] Deactivating service netbios-ns due to excessive incoming connections

Eugene Babchin eugene.babchin at e-monee.net
Tue Oct 8 17:34:02 GMT 2002

My SAMBA server running RH7.3. Usually in 2-3 hrs. the server stops with messages on screen 'out of memory-killing process xxxx(nmbd)'. In log file I found messages "Deactivating service netbios-ns due to excessive incoming connections" from xinetd and "Activating service netbios-ns" until stop the server. I have approximately seven Win98 workstations. Can you recommend anything?
Thank you for your help.
Eugene.