[Samba] Win2K Printer Driver Problems - Hi Jerry!!

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Tue Oct 8 17:13:00 GMT 2002

gsmith at ahbl.ca wrote:

>We will downgrade to 2.2.5 and try
>Jerry's patch.

"downgrade" to 2.2.5 from 2.2.5?  If you are actually at 2.2.6pre2, the
printing patches are already in and downgrading to 2.2.5 w/ jerry's
printing patch isn't going to help (might hurt)

>5. Respond "NO" to the "Install Driver now prompt"  - Question:  Why respond
>"No" at this point? All docs say to do so without explanation.

If you click yes you'll be installing the drivers locally on the PC, you
want them installed on the samba server by uploading a new driver.

>9. On General tab, choose Printing Preferences - Basics and switch page
>layouts between portrait and landscape clicking OK in between to update the
>driver.  - I assume at this point the driver Devmode is being set, correct?

Correct, this executes the driver so you don't have a null devmode

>2. What could cause the spooler to crash so often when updating drivers?

Not much help here, but probably at least 1 of the following: buggy
print drivers, buggy client, buggy samba

As for the rest of your questions, I'm just as anxious to hear the
list's answers as you are :)
~ Daniel