[Samba] profiles (again)

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Oct 8 16:39:00 GMT 2002

hi list!
i'm sure this has been asked and answered a 1000 times before, but i
haven't been able to find something that could have helped me:

i'm using samba-2.2.4a with LDAP-support as a PDC on a network with some
w2k-clients and a few nt clients.

logon works just great.

the main problem appears with profiles.
the profiles of *some* (most) of my users are not stored when logging off.
however, my personal profile is stored and synched.

i wouldn't mind if profiles would be kept local (being machine-dependent
  and thus not "roaming"), but this doesn't work either.
for all the users whose profiles are not stored on the server, the local
profiles will be deleted on logoff (which is very annoying)

any hints where i could get more information ?
which HOWTO's ....

btw: the mapping of the "domain admin" group:
	works perfectly on 1 machine
	works partially/not-at-all on the rest
	(i have forgotten what i meant with "partially")

mfg.asdr.a
IOhannes