[Samba] NT Registry Problem

James Reno james at bytehosting.com
Tue Oct 8 14:34:01 GMT 2002

I have a login script which i am using to insert data into the registry during login. My problem is, Windows NT is trying to insert the data into the samba server, instead of the local registry.

How do i go about changing the registry that it tries to insert into.  Below is my registry file that gets ran from \\fserv00\netlogon\login.bat with regedit /s \\fserv00\netlogon\winNT.reg

REG SNIPLETT

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"ScreenSaveTimeOut"="600"
"ScreenSaveActive"="1"
"SCRNSAVE.EXE"="c:\winnt\system32\logon.scr"
"ScreenSaverIsSecure"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DontDisplayLastUserName"="1"
"LegalNoticeCaption"="Important Notice!"
"LegalNoticeText"="This is a private computer system on a private computer network.  ALL access is logged and monitored - you should not log on if you object to this policy.  Unauthorized users are not allowed, and any attempt to enter the network or this system without permission will result in civil and criminal liabilities."

Regards
James Reno
ByteHosting Internet Services
http://www.bytehosting.com/