[Samba] Authentication Help

Jay Compton jayc at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 7 20:48:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've been pawing through Samba docs and the internet for a day or so
looking to get Samba working with AFS. My basic Samba setup works
authenticating against AFS if I use the smbclient binary, however I am
getting rejected before even receiving a password prompt in Windows, saying
that the location I'm trying to get to is inaccessible. Is there a way I'm
able to authenticate to Samba, from Windows using my linux username and
password? I'm not even sure if this is possible at this point, or if I need
the samba server to appear to be a PDc or some such. Any help is
appreciated, thanks!

Jay Compton
Internet Technology
Systems Architect and Engineer
Mobile Phone: 203-982-4215
Email: jayc at us.ibm.com

"Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool."
"Any good that I may do, let me do it now, for I may not pass this way
again."