[Samba] winbind+samba3.0 pdc on the same machine

Hesham S. Ahmed zlinux2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 13:43:01 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I am trying to install samba 3.0 pdc alongwith winbind
on the same machine, the objective is to allow Squid
to use ntlm_auth for samba users existing on the same
machine.

If I move squid to another machine, join this machine
to samba3.0 domain and then use wbinfo, everything
works fine. But when I install squid on the same
machine as samba and then try to use wbinfo it fails.
I get the following error when running wbinfo -t

checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL (0xc0000001)
Could not check secret

Is it possuble at the first place to run winbind and
samba3.0 on the same machine?

Regards