[Samba] Off-topic tcpdump/samba

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Mon Oct 7 04:50:01 GMT 2002

Hello all

I've been doing some TCP dumps of Samba among other things, to try to
fish out a slight communications glitch that I suspect has to do with a
bad IP stack on an older machine, and I'm wondering if any of you could
help make my life a bit easier:

When doing the dump, I used the '-C' flag which causes capture files to
be rotated when they reach a certain size.  I made the mistake of making
this size too small, and now need to recombine all those files so I can
avoid having to analyze file upon file of dump data separately.  Using
cat did NOT work, as analysis would never go beyond the equivalent of
the first dump file.

Another question:  I have set up SSL to work for Samba clients, have 2
clients plus Samba PDC all using the same CA, all have their cert's
signed by this CA, and a local copy of the CA cert (NOT the private key)
and all have the required parameters set, BUT: the clients can only talk
to the PDC, not each other!!  Do I need to publish the CA's private key
to the client machines to make this happen (hope NOT!!), or what am I
missing?

Best

Diego