[Samba] Using the XP backup utility with SAmba

Krzysztof Karski kkarski at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 04:27:01 GMT 2002

I set up a backup folder on my samba server today but I am not able to
configure it to accept scheduled backups from the Win XP backup utility.

I have coated a backup profile on my XP machine and set the backup path to
the Samba directory. When I try to run the backup I get the error:

"The Backup file name could not be used:
\\Sorage\Backups\Davinci\Davinci.bkf

Please ensure it is a valid path and that you have sufficient access"

I am able to browse the directory just fine so I think it might be a
permissions issue between the Backup utility and Samba or that it is logging
in using a different username.

Any Advice?