[Samba] Windows 2000 sp2 -> sp3

Guy Story, KC5GOI kc5goi at kc5goi.net
Mon Oct 7 02:29:26 GMT 2002

I have seen this recently myself.  I have win98 and win2kpro boxes at a
customer site so the scripts have 2 different entries.

For win 98

net use h: /HOME

 this works fine but fails to fly on my 2k boxes.  NT4 is happy with this too.

for my 2k boxes

net use h: \\chamber-gw\%USERNAME%

works great but gags a big one on the 9X and NT4 boxes.  Since I have several
sites were the user might go to a 9x one time and a 2k another, I have both
listed.  One of them always fails depending on the OS but one always works.
I am running 2.2.1a on some systems and am in the process of upgrading to
2.2.5 on the others.  The 2k boxes are on SP3.

--
Guy Story, KC5GOI
Itel-Tigerbyte LLC
gstory at tigerbyte.com