[Samba] Error at client side

Jin Chen jinchen at ufl.edu
Fri Oct 4 15:49:01 GMT 2002

I do smbpasswd –j NTDOMAIN –r NTSERVER –U username and got positive
message: “Joined domain NTSERVER”.

However, when I try to “smbclient -L W2kHostname” on Linux, I got error
message: “session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_TYPE_NOT_GRANTED”
If I try “net view SAMBASVR”, I got a different error message: “No
service is operating at the destination network endpoint on the remote
system.”

Any help?