[Samba] RESPOND-EFAX/Payong Gig

Keith G. Murphy keithmur at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 4 14:27:00 GMT 2002

OK, let's go through this again.

printfax.pl as it comes from the author already does a cover page (or,
more precisely, it gets the server software to do it).  It turned out
over time that what you really wanted was your client's logo on the
page, which actually means a modification of faxcover.ps.

It further turned out that you're not using hylafax or mgetty, so you
must be using a modified version of printfax.pl.

Therefore, I needed the faxcover.ps and printfax.pl you were using,
because those are the things I would possibly have to tailor.  That's
what I asked for, and instead you sent your printcap entry for faxlpr,
then ignored further requests for info.  We had already gone through a
prior period in which you ignored E-mails; you said later that you
thought you might have lost some.

Do you see why I say you are difficult to work with?

I have burned up *way* too much time trying to work with you on this.  I
gladly turn over this (non-technical) challenge to someone else.