[Samba] Error at client side

jinchen at ufl.edu jinchen at ufl.edu
Fri Oct 4 03:47:01 GMT 2002

Greetings,

I am trying to make samba working on RH7.3.

I even can see Samba server from my W2k machine. However, when I click on
that, I wait a while and get an error message "The network path was not
found". I
don't know why?

If I try:
smbclient -U laoer -L W2Khostname without any password
I got the error: "Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED"

if I try my password
I got the error: "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_TYPE_NOT_GRANTED"

If I try: smbclient -M W2kHostname and type some message, I do get those
message on my W2kHostname machine. It seems the network connection is working.

If I try smbclient -L SambaServer, it is no problem

If I try smbclient '\\sambaserver\tmp', it is working and got "smb:\>'

If I test the W2k client with nmblookup ( nmblookup -d 2 -B client '*' ), it's
ok and got a positive name query response

If I test the network with nmblookup ( nmblookup -d 2 '*' ), it got most of
machines's positive response in domain.

Also, I can ping samba server from W2k PC.

However, when I try to test with 'net view \\sambaserver', it got "The network
path was not found".

I guess the W2k client has problem but don't know what it is and how to solve?
Help!

Thanks