[Samba] Print server on all linux network

Dan Sawyer dsawyer at blenderwars.com
Thu Oct 3 23:43:01 GMT 2002

Well, actually, no, I haven't been able to wrap my brain around how it works
beyond the bare concepturals you outlined.
Attatched is the printer secton of my samba.conf - perhaps it will be
enlightening.  I tried modifying my conf based on your conf but it doesn't
seem to make any difference.  I still print from a local program and get
nothing on the other end - including nothing dumped into the designated
directories.

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = Yes
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No

[nec]
	comment = NEC Superscript 1200
	path = /var/spool/samba
	guest account = guest
	read only = No
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = Yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.1.101 192.168.1.100 192.168.1.102 192.168.1.103
	printable = Yes
	postscript = Yes
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -Pps
	lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -Pps %j
	lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold z53 %j
	lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release z53 %j
	printer name = nec
	printer driver = client
	share modes = No

Any ideas?