[Samba] Another winbind question (hopefully easy one)

Simeonidis, Steve simes at cpgen.cpg.com.au
Thu Oct 3 02:59:00 GMT 2002

I setup SAMBA to use winbind to authenticate of a WinNT PDC

In the smb.conf I have a line
template homedir = /home/winnt/%U
which is file

I also use the pam module to create directories for
new users
pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/sambaskel umask=0077

which is fine again.

My problem is that I can't tell or how do I tell pam_mkhomedir
to create the directories in /home/winnt/<user>
instead it creates them in /home/<user>

Any ideas?????

Thanks

--

Steve Simeonidis
Network Engineer, Spherion Education

1st Floor, 493 St. Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Phone:  +61 3 9243 2382    Fax:    +61 3 9820 2010
Email: stevesimeonidis at spherion.com

The information contained in this email and any attachments to it:
(a) may be confidential and if you are not the intended recipient, any
interference with, use, disclosure or copying of this material is
unauthorised and prohibited; and
(b) may contain personal information of the recipient and/or the sender as
defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).  Consent is hereby given by the
recipient(s) to collect, hold and use such information and any personal
information contained in a response to this email, for any reasonable purpose
in the ordinary course of Spherion's business, including forwarding this
email internally or disclosing it to a third party.  All personal information
collected by Spherion will be handled in accordance with Spherion's Privacy
Policy.
it.