[Samba] Samba Installation

linux power linuxpower2002 at yahoo.no
Wed Oct 2 09:32:00 GMT 2002

U must first unpack the tar.gz file. Use this
from monitor window.
tar -zxvf (your tar.gz file)
cd to the samba dir ans cd to source.Type
./configure
make
make install

Read both any README file and INSTALL as suggested by
the other reader. U can see the options by typing
./configure --help
To later mount a samba file system you should use this
option
./configure --with-smbmount
Check the syntaks.