[Samba] Fw: Question for Samba list

Frank McKenna patriate at ecn.ab.ca
Wed Oct 2 06:24:01 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Betty Johnson" <bettyj at interbaun.com>
To: <patriate at ecn.ab.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 10:41 PM
Subject: Question for Samba list

The version of Samba that is with Mandrake 9 is 2.2.6pre2 or something
like that. It does a much better job of recognizing ntfs partitions and
it automatically mounts my ntfs half on the laptop. Really nice.

What I would like to find out, if possible, is if anyone has had any
problems connecting Mac OS X (10.2 or Jaguar) to a Samba server, what
sort of problems, what version of Samba they were running, and what did
they do to fix it.

Thanks!
--
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right  thing in the
right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting