[Samba] Drop down slowness on mapped drives

James Langan james at trafficleader.com
Tue Oct 1 18:23:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

We have a Windows 2000 Network with a few FreeBSD boxes running Samba.
We have a share on one box specifically that we map to everyone's
workstations. Ever since this day the file drop down box in applications
such as word or excel goes incredibly slow. If we remove the drive
mapping, the speed returns to normal. I've searched and browsed
newsgroups and mailing lists and haven't found a clear cut answer, but
if I missed it I apologize. I do have the tcp_nodelay option uncommented
in the config file. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks!

-James