[Samba] XP Pro and Samba 3.0-alpha1.9

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Oct 1 17:00:01 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 12:37, Kalkoul Morad wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I set up Samba 3.0alpha1.9 on a RH7.2 and I want  to configure it as a
> Primary Domain Controller.
> Below , my smb.conf:
> # Samba config file created using SWAT
> # from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
> # Date: 2002/10/01 09:04:58
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
> 	;Nom du domaine
> 	workgroup = MOMODOM
>
> 	;Nom netBios de la machine
> 	netbios name = SRV2000
>
> 	;Commentaires qui sera affiche dans le vouisinage réseau
> 	server string = Samba Server Beta Test 3.0
>
> 	encrypt passwords = Yes
>
> 	password server = bin/passwd
nope - this should be the name of the machine - probably just leave it
out...

> 	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd  %u
>
> 	unix password sync = No
>
> 	log file = /var/log/samba/SMB%m.log
>
> 	max log size = 0
>
> 	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>
> 	domain admin group = root at SRV2000
you don't need this (and i don't know if it works in samba3)
instead you should use the group mapping tool smbgroupedit to set up a
mapping between "Domain Admins" and the unix group "root"

> ;	add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 502 -s
> /bin/false -M %u
>
> 	logon script = logon.cmd
>
> 	logon path = \\%N\%u\profiles
>
> 	logon drive = H:
>
> 	logon home = \\SRV\%U
>
> 	domain logons = Yes
>
> 	domain admin group = @admin
you certainly shouldn't have two of these...

> 	os level = 64
>
> 	preferred master = True
>
> 	domain master = True
>
> 	dns proxy = No
>
> 	wins server = 172.25.4.12
>
> 	default service = export\samba\test
what are you trying to do with this...
it's not needed for a PDC

> 	printing = lprng
>
> [homes]
> 	comment = Home Directories
> 	valid users = %S
you don't need this line...

> 	read only = No
> 	create mask = 0664
> 	directory mask = 0775
> 	browseable = No
> 	writable = Yes
>
> [printers]
> 	comment = All Printers
> 	path = /var/spool/samba
> 	printable = Yes
> 	browseable = No
>
> [export\samba\test]
> 	comment = Partage de test
> 	path = /tmp
> 	guest ok = Yes
> 	browsable = Yes
> 	writeable = Yes
>
> [netlogon]
> 	comment = Network Logon Services
> 	path = /home/netlogon
> 	writeable = no
> 	browseable = no
> 	write list = root
>
> And I create a Machine Trust Account, like this;
> #useradd -g admin -d /dev/null -c "Samba Test Machine" -s /bin/false
> SRV2000$
> #passwd -l SRV2000$
> #smbpasswd -a -m SRV2000$ (I found some docs with $ to put here and other
> without, What do I put????)
the $ sign needs to be there in the files.
I think some versions of smbpasswd add the $ sign automatically
just make sure that the files look right..

best wishes!

brad